Christmas No bake Energy balls
Energy balls are a great little snack before your workout, Also convenient for on the run, fast meals.
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (natural)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs (optional)
- 1 /3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl and shape into doughnut-hole sized balls
- Optionally add dried cranberries, mini mint chocolate chips (green if you can find them) or Walnuts and mini mint chocolate chips. Be creative.
I always double the recipe and add my own flavour to them as well. Nuts, protein powder, and hemp hearts….