Oh-So-Easy Energy Bars
- 1 cup toasted whole almonds (I use dry roasted)
- 1 cup salted (optional) pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or a mixture of dried cherries and dried blueberries)
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates (I use Medjool dates)
- In a food processor, whirl the whole almonds scraping down the sides if needed, until paste starts to form into a ball. About 5-6 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and dates. Whirl together until well combined about 5 minutes more. It will form a ball.
- In a plastic wrap lined loaf pan, press the mixture down firmly. Cover with more plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm. About one hour, or overnight for best results.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars. Keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Nutritional info per bar when cut into 10 equal bars:
249 calories, 7 grams protein, 30 grams carbs, 14 grams fat, 4 grams fibre