Slow Cooker Sweet Potato, Chicken, and Quinoa Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Recipe from www.Chelseasmessyapron.com
- 1 and 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup quinoa (I used a black bean quinoa package)
- 2 large sweet potatoes (1 pound or ~3-1/2 cups)
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) black beans
- 1 cans (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix
- 5 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- Optional: fresh parsley
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray. Remove the fat from the chicken breasts and put them into the slow cooker along with the rinsed quinoa. (I found a black beans seasoned quinoa package which I used and loved, but regular quinoa will work as well, just make sure to rinse it well.)
- Remove the skins and chop the sweet potatoes into cubes adding them into the slow cooker.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add those in. Add in the petite diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chili seasoning mix, and chicken broth.
- Place on high for 3-5 hours (It took 4 hours on high for my crockpot.)
- Using two forks shred the chicken and stir all the ingredients together.
- Add, if desired fresh parsley.