- 2 cups of potatoes, skinned and boiled and then mashed
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate powder (or lemon zest)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- pinch of red chili pepper flakes
- 3 peppers, red, yellow or green
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place the mashed potatoes, spinach, ginger rice, garam masala, , pomegranate powder, salt and chili flakes in a bowl and mix well.
- Cut the tops of the peppers off, removing the stems and then scrape out the seeds with a spoon. Fill each pepper with potato filling and mound it around the rim. Moisten the outside of the peppers with your finger tips dipped in oil to hold the moisture. Place them in a baking dish and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until peppers are a little wrinkly and soft and the filling is golden.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes