Black Bean Chocolate Cake
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 5 eggs
- 1Tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp backing soda
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Drains and rinse beans. Shake off excess water
- Place beans, 3 of the eggs, vanilla, and salt in the blender. Blend on high until liquified.
- Whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder
- Beat butter or coconut oil with honey until fluffy ( just to let the butter or oil soften up).
- Add remaining 2 eggs, beating for a minute for each additional egg.
- Pour bean batter into egg mixture and mix together
- Stir in cocoa powder mixture and beat the batter on high until smooth
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 min.
- Cake is done when it is rounded and firm to the touch.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar (optional).