- 1 cup prepared bulgur (soaked as per package directions)
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh mint, chopped (about 2 tbsp)
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp unsalted walnut pieces, toasted and chopped
- Place bulgur in a large bowl. Add apple and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add celery, grapes, yogurt and mint, mixing thoroughly. Season with pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight to allow flavors to mix. To serve, sprinkle each serving with 1/2 tbsp walnuts.
- Try adding Quinoa or using it instead of Bulgur
- Use feta or other chopped nuts for some added flavour and crunch