Cheese and Corn Chowder
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Unpeeled Diced Potatoes
- 1 Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt or Less
- 1/4 Tsp. Pepper
- 2 Cups Cream-Style Corn
- 1 1/2 Cups Skim Milk
- 2/3 Cup Grated Low Fat Cheddar Cheese
- Combine first 6 ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add creamed corn. Cover and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Add milk and cheese. Stir until cheese melts and chowder is heated through. Do not boil.
Tip: If you have only whole-kernel corn, chop it lightly in blender.