CHILI CHICKEN MAC
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups whole wheat macaroni
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese (more to taste if desired)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. When hot add chicken, onion and pepper. Break up chicken and cook until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in spices, tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, broth and macaroni.
- Stir to combine, bring to a simmer, cover and simmer for about 7 minutes stirring every few minutes. Uncover and simmer another 7 minutes, or longer if desired.
- Taste and re-season if needed. Top with cheese, and cover to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition: 1/2 cup serving.
500 calories or less, 7 g+ fiber, 7g+ protein