Easy Vegetarian Chili
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute onions, carrots, and garlic until tender.
- Stir in green pepper, red pepper, celery, and chili powder.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans and corn.
- Season with cumin, oregano and basil.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.