Kale Quinoa Patties
Makes: 10 patties
What you'll need:
- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 4 cups kale, cleaned, deveined, chopped small
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup finely ground bread crumbs (use gluten free breadcrumbs to make this dish gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil plus more for frying
- Combine quinoa, eggs, Parmesan, and chives in a medium mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in skillet on medium heat (or spray pan with light spray) then sweat onions and garlic, approximately 3 minutes. Add kale to skillet and cook until kale is bright green and soft.
- Add kale mixture to quinoa mixture, then add breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Place clean skillet on medium heat and add enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Form patties using ½ cup of quinoa mixture and place patties in skillet. Be careful not to splash hot oil or overcrowd the pan. Fry until golden brown on each side, approximately 5 minutes per side.
Recipe by CherylStyle.com