Pasta with Broccoli, Pesto, and Chicken
- 1 lb. Fettucini, whole wheat or regular (or any other thick pasta)
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts - cooked and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Broccoli Pesto (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 cup bite sized broccoli florets steamed or micro-waved until tender.
Broccoli Pesto (makes 1 cup and will keep refrigerated for 2 weeks)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, pine nuts, or almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Cook pasta until tender, and drain.
- In a serving bowl toss the chicken and pasta with oil.
- Add pesto, peppers and broccoli.
- Toss again and serve.