Pistachio Cranberry Protein Bars
- ¾ cup pitted, whole dates (about 120 grams)
- 4 Tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 3 Tbsp natural, smooth peanut or almond butter
- 3 Tbsp water
- Pinch of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and sea salt
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (about 40 grams)
- ¼ cup unsalted. Shelled pistachios (about 30 grams)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened, medium coconut flakes
- Place dates, protein powder, peanut or almond butter, water, spices and salt in a food processor or blender and blend until it becomes almost like a paste.
- Add cranberries, coconut, and pistachios and pulse until everything mixes together. Small pieces should still appear in mixture.
- Line a small baking sheet with plastic wrap; use a spatula to scoop the date mixture into the middle of the plastic wrap. Lightly wet your hands with cold water and press the date mixture in a rectangle that is 6” long and 4” wide and about ½ “ thick. Wrap the mixture and place in the freezer for 15 minutes until its firm.
- Unwrap and place on a cutting board, cut into 6, 1” wide bars and refrigerated. Bars will last up to a month if they are kept refrigerated.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes: 6 bars