Quinoa Black Bean Tacos
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- Juice & zest of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste Sliced red cabbage
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
- 10 corn tortillas
- Add veggie broth, quinoa and lime juice to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 12 – 15 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Stir in lime zest, ½ cup cilantro and season with salt & pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mash avocado until almost smooth. Stir in onion, lime juice and ¼ cup cilantro. Season with salt & pepper.
- To assemble tacos, place ¼ - ½ cup of quinoa mixture onto the base of each tortilla. Top with black beans, cabbage and the guacamole. Garnish with cilantro (and/or hot sauce!) and enjoy immediately!