- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat.
- Add eggs and fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool before dicing into small pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions become translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn, peas, carrots and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger and soy sauce, and gently toss to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and eggs. Serve immediately, drizzled with Sriracha, if desired.
Yields 4-6 servings
Recipe from damndelicious.net
Quinoa Veggie "Fried Rice"
Quinoa is a wonderful substitute in this protein-packed veggie “fried rice”!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, , beaten,
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sriracha, for serving