Radicchio Flatbread with Whipped Ricotta
- 1/2 Teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- Pinch of Sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- Coarse Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Heads Treviso Radicchio
- 1 Cup Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- Stir together yeast, water, and sugar in a large bowl, and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the oil until combined.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead with floured hands until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let stand in a warm, draft-free spot for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide dough into quarters.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 piece of dough to 8 by 5 inches.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Divide radicchio among flatbread and gently press into dough.
- Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until flatbread is golden and crisp; about 15 minutes.
- Whisk ricotta in a small bowl until lightened.
- Drizzle flatbread with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve flatbread with ricotta.