Thai Vegan Stew
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp each of minced garlic and chopped fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup unsweetened peanut butter or almond butter
- 4 cups of a diced mixture of carrots, sweet potatoes and potatoes
- 1 can (19oz/540ml) chickpeas, drained
- 1 can (9oz/280ml) peas, drained
- 2 Tbsp golden raisins
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (90oz/280ml) coconut milk
- 4 cups baby spinach or chopped Swiss chard
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat coconut oil in medium saucepan.
- Add onions and cook gently until golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add curry paste and nut butter and stir until combined.
- Add vegetables, chickpeas, peas and raisins.
- Cook for 5 minutes while mixing well.
- Add the broth and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Add coconut milk and heat through.
- Just before serving, add baby spinach or chard and allow it to wilt, cooking for about 1 minute longer.
- Serve hot.
Per Serving: 317 calories, 10g saturated fat, 9g sugar, 9g protein, 37g total carbs.